I . Phonetics(5 points)
Directions:In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation.Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
4. A. boom
5. A. finger
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure(15 points)
Directions.. There are 15 incomplete sentences in this
section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. As a child I used to wash my parents' car to earn some__ money.
7. After the busy day I've had, I need a __ drink.
8. If you__ stayed at home, this would never have
C. will have
D. would have
9. --How much did this set of furniture cost?
--I forgot __
A. how much it costs
B. how much did it cost
C. how much it cost
D. how much does it cost
10. We had a long way to go so we decided to __
A. set on
B. put on
C. set off
D. put off